Island Peak Climbing Maximum Altitude 6192 m Minimum Number 2+ pax Model of Travel Flight Accommodation Tea house/Lodge /camping Mountain Sight Mt Everest,…
Keywords : Hiking , Himalayas , Island Peak Climbing , Mountaineering , Nepal , Peak Climbing , Trekking
Trip Code :
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Island Peak Climbing
|Maximum Altitude||6192 m|
|Minimum Number||2+ pax|
|Model of Travel||Flight|
|Accommodation||Tea house/Lodge /camping|
|Mountain Sight||Mt Everest, Lhotse, Pumory, Nuptse , Amadablam|
|Type of Trek||Tea house /camping|
|Trek Days||17 Days (approx)|
|Total Days in Nepal||19 Days (approx)|
|Price Per Pax (Avg)||Upon Request|
Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival Nepal Trekking Routes Treks & Expedition representative are waiting to the Airport to pick up you with Display Board . When you will meet your offical representtive he/she will take you to the hotel
Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding [2652m]A spectacular flight and hair raising landing on a steep mountain runway brings us to the start of our trek at the village of Lukla [2850m]. After meeting the crew, we head up the Dudh Kosi Valley on a well-marked trail to our first camp near the river at Phakding.
Trek to Namche [3450m]We cross and re-cross the river on high suspension bridges. Beyond Monjo is the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park which was set-up in order to protect and preserve this fragile mountain environment. We then ascend quite steeply to Namche and along the way, if the weather is clear, catch a first glimpse of Mt Everest in the distance. Namche is the main trading village in the Khumbu and has a busy Saturday market - a meeting place for the Hindu traders from the lowlands and the Tibetan yak caravans that have crossed the glaciated Nangpa La. Camp is near the bazaar at Namche.
Rest day in NamcheNamche is tucked away between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as a magnificent outlook. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day, acclimatizing to the new altitude before heading off towards Tengboche. Options for acclimatization walks include a visit to Khunde hospital which was set-up by Sir Edmund Hillary, or a one hour walk up to the Everest view hotel above Namche for the sunset view of Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse and Everest. There are also good views from the national park centre and museum just above the town
Trek to Tengboche [3867m]From Namche, the trail contours around the side of the valley, high above the Dudh Kosi. Now we get our first really good views of the great peaks of the Khumbu including mt Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam. Passing by several villages and numerous tea shops, we descend steeply to a bridge over the river at Phunki Tenga. The village is an excellent lunch spot, and here we can rest before making the steep climb to Tengboche. Although tiring, the hike up the zigzag path has numerous distractions, with rhododendron bushes, beautiful birds and superb mountain scenery. Tengboche is famous for its legendary monastery, the largest in the Khumbu. We camp near the monastery with Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam framed in the doorway of the tent
Trek to Pheriche (4200 m)Trek to Pheriche via Pangboche .
Rest day in PhericheA day to rest and acclimatize and a chance to wander up the valley to look at a lake, the Tshola Tsho and the perpendicular walls of Cholatse and Tawache. Alternatively, we can climb up onto the ridge overlooking Dingboche for the view up the Imja Valley and the incredible south face of Lhotse
Trek to Lobuche ( 4910 M )Trek to lobuche this is anothere hardest day for trek
Trek to Gorekshep (5170 m) Kalapathar [5545m]To reach our next objective, Kala Pattar, the trail follows the Khumbu Glacier, and offers superb views of the surrounding mountains, especially where the path is forced to rise to cross a tributary glacier. We stop for lunch at our camping place for the night, Gorak Shep. Later in the afternoon, when the sunset colors begin to appear on Everest, we make our way to the top of one of the finest viewpoints in the Everest region, Kala Pattar [5554m]. As the light begins to fade we stroll back to our camp at Gorak Shep and have an early night in preparation for our trek to Everest Base Camp the following day.
Trek to Dingboche [4350m] via Everest base camp hike (5370 m)To reach Everest Base Camp, a very early start is required, as it takes several hours on a trail which weaves its way through ice pinnacles and past the crevasses of the Khumbu Glacier. On the return leg, we can take a higher route to get a spectacular view of the Khumbu icefall and the route to the South Col. We return to either Gorak Shep or Lobuche to camp for the night. We head back down today, through Duglha, to the summer village of Dingboche, where the houses are dotted about in the fields
Trek to Island peak base camp via Chukhung [4750m]Today, we have an easy walk for about 5 hours, climbing up gradually to the small settlement of Chukhung. Along the way we have great views of Island Peak and the challenge that awaits us.The trail crosses the river and follows the valley for approx 3 hours, passing beneath the magnificent south face of Lhotse. Base camp is by the side of the Imja glacier, below steep grassy slopes which mark the start of the climb on Island Peak.
Trek to high camp and Ascent of island (6173 m)We ascend a little further to high camp. Crossing the gully above the camp the trail makes a climb for another hour to a narrow ridge, leading on to the glacier. Here it is time to rope-up and put on our crampons as the most interesting part of the climb begins with the glacier crossing. This is followed by the steep snow slope that leads onto the summit ridge. This ridge is wonderfully airy and on reaching the summit we have stunning close-up views of the south face of Lhotse looming over us whilst in the other direction, there are more dramatic mountain views. We descend along the same route, down to base camp.
Trek back to ChhukungAfter summite you trek back to Island Peak base camp and collect your thing continue to trek to Chhukung and overnight at Chhukung
Trek back to NamcheToday we follow the river and, after crossing it, climb back up through birch and rhododendron forest to Tengboche. Kwangde, Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Kantega and Thamserku are just a few of the Himalayan giants to be seen. From Tengboche we descend to the bridge over the Dudh Kosi at Phunki Tenga, where there are water driven prayer wheels, before making our way back to Namche
Trek back to LuklaToday you will walk alonggg the Dudhkoshi river via smal sherpa village and reach to the Lukla overnight at lukla
Fly to KathmanduFly to Kathmandu We pack up early and head for the airstrip for the flight back to Kathmandu
Depart KathmanduOnward Departure Day from Nepal to your home country. Nepal Trekking Routes Treks & Expedition treks will provide you free transport to international airport ( TIA )
- Three nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with a cup of tea or coffee) during the trek and climbing period.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek and tent will be available during the climbing period
- All camping equipment in Base camp;
- 25 Kg baggage allowance during trekking (with porter or yaks);
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Climbing permit for Mera peak
- Necessary staff during the trekking and climbing period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Necessary experienced Government license holder Climbing guide during climbing period as per group size
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- One tent will be available in the Base camp for 2 people on shared basis;
- High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available above base camp.
- Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes will be available during climbing period
- Necessary kitchen crew will be available in base camp
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Personal climbing equipment
- All kind of Personal Expenses
- Ice fall fees Garbage Deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies &Filming permit.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
No Details Found